Feb 7, 2007

Walk, walk, walk...

I love it! We have to walk everywhere. It’s just like the days when I lived in Quito. Well, public transportation is better, but it is the same feeling of having lots of people around me. Oh, something else is different: prices are three times more expensive… But I shouldn’t complain because I have been treated very nicely. I enjoy being surrounded by human beings instead of driving by myself in Houston. Of course, you need to consider that I have only been here for four days now. Things could change once I have to carry my groceries instead of just putting everything in the car trunk.

Today’s task was to open a bank account. I’ve read several expat-blogs and most of them tell stories of how difficult it is to open a bank account in the UK. I truly think we’ve been surrounded by grace, because contrary of my expectations, our process was quite simple. Now we are the proud owners of three bank accounts: one in pounds, one in dollars, and the other one in euros. I can’t believe it! Now we only need the money ☺

No comments: