Mar 27, 2007

My "wicked" weekend



We finally went to our first show in the city. Originally, we have thought of waiting for our family and/or friends to come so that we can all go together. However, the Apollo Victoria (where the show is being played) is right in front of our tube station. In fact, every time we passed by, we were tempted to just go and see the musical. So, when I went to the gym on Friday, I detoured to Leicester Square (pronounced Lester, as in the Adams Family) to get some half-price tickets for the Saturday night show. It was wonderful. What a fantastic musical! It’s coming to Houston on April, so we really encourage our friends to attend. I’ll tell more details about our visit to the show in a little bit. First, I need to tell you about the second stop I made after the gym on Friday.

I decided to get one of those marvelous chocolate cakes from “Paul” (a French pastaierie) as a gift to our next-door neighbors. We had tried that cake before and knew how delicious it was. Our neighbors are a family of expats from Brazil. I have promised to give them our emails and phone numbers so that we can get to know each other better. Then, I thought it would be nice to write this information on a fancy card and drop it by their door with a chocolate cake to enjoy over the weekend. The plan was perfect. I bought the cake, brought it home, and added the card. I was so excited about it, and couldn’t wait to see their faces when they receive it! Well… I didn’t count on a little detail: they were at not home! I waited a couple of hours to visit again and, nothing! Tried later on… nothing! I was so scared they might have been gone for the whole weekend. The cake would have been ruined if it’s not eaten by Sunday. Ted told me to put it on the refrigerator and wait until they come. The next day, around 4 pm… I couldn’t wait any longer. It was evident that they had gone out of town and wouldn’t be back until Sunday. The cake was going to lose its freshness by that time. Guess what we did? Yes. You’re right… WE ATE IT… one big piece for Ted and one big piece for me. Uhmmmm… it was so yummy! Then, guess what happened after 15 minutes we ate the cake??? We heard our neighbors coming back! It was so funny. I wish you could have seen our faces… our guilty faces ☺

I guess they'll never know what they missed. (unless they read this blog)



Anyway, back to the story of the musical. Once we finished eating the neighbors’ cake, we decided to watch a movie at home until almost time for the show. Our proximity to the venue allows us to get there in less than 10 minutes. So, we got to the Theater, and realized that neither of us has brought our eyeglasses. Picture it, there we were, a pair of nearsighted people occupying not exactly what you would call “the best seats in the house”. There was no time to go back home… at least we didn’t forget the tickets!



During intermission, guess what Ted did? Yes. Once more, you are right! Ted ran home and got my glasses so that I can appreciate better the wicked witch of the west… look! She is green!



By the way, pictures are not allowed during the show… but, nobody said anything about curtain call.


4 comments:

EmilioandYadira said...

That is so funny!! That cake looks good!!!!

geo said...

Yadira, it was de-li-ci-ous!
you know how Ted loves dark chocolate? well, that poor little cake didn't last long. It made up for all the starbucks lowfat latte that we haven't been able to find here.

miss tango said...

I wish my neighbours would bring me chocolate cake. Mmmmm...chocolate. I think I will have to go for helado now!

Anonymous said...

Geo! Que romantica!! Ya regresara pronto, pero no te preocupes, te entiendo TOTALMENTE!! Espero que tu Ted aprecie tus lindas palabras. Besos!