Mar 23, 2007

Last weekend's update



I know it's so wrong to post the description of a weekend that happened almost a week ago... I know... shame on me. However, it is still better than nothing. My friend Romy in Quito told me my blog was going to become a "quinceaƱera diary." Meaning I will write a lot at the beginning, but eventually forget all about it. Sadly to say, it is turning out to be quite a prophecy. So, here I am, trying to make this blog thing survive a little longer. I am not a quinceaƱera anymore! (even though Ted might think I behave like one from time to time)

What have we been up to?

We are settled, with phones, computers, and all sorts of gadgets. On March 22nd. we celebrated our first month living in our new flat. We love it! It feels like home. It's our home in London...yey! To celebrate the ocasion, we threw a little house warming dinner the other night. Our friends Richard, Taha, Maria and Payal came over and we watched some SCRUBS together. It was so much fun. Maria made this wonderful salad with vermicelli and nuts.. yummy! Richard gave us a beautiful flower pot that looks great decorating my new dining table.





Last Saturday, we met with friends who we knew from Houston. Joaquin and his wife Tracey moved to London more than a year ago. They are such a nice couple. I'm so glad we keep finding great people around us. Here is a picture of us eating Indian food in the Covent Garden area.



Then, on Sunday, we met Richand and his friend Liz who came over from San Fransisco. We all had Dim Sum brunch at the "Royal China." Afterwards, we checked out the Saint Patrick's Day celebrations at Trafalgar square. Richard and I had some Irish spirit written on our jackets. What a great way to finish our weekend!





No comments: