Apr 3, 2007

Two-months anniversary

I just realized we landed in this island two months ago. Can you believe it? It seems like less time to me. We have been very blessed and I can't complain at all. The city is amazing, and Ted continues to be the perfect husband he is. I do miss my family. However, I've also realized that we now talk on the phone more often than we used to when we lived in the same city. Our parents are the best! It's also great to call friends using our Vonage line. I spend lots of time on the phone catching up with old buddies. Maybe that's why I don't feel like I am away from anybody. Thanks to all the people who have called us already. I told you I won't cost you anymore than a regular phone call to the US!

Now, Ted is going to work in Houston all next week, so It will be his first time back in the States. Yey! I know I should be sad because I am not going with him, but actually, I feel part of me is going when he goes. Which makes me feel that I am going too! I already told him to go to our favorite places: Churrascos, Azuma, Ra Sushi, Fadis, uhmmm my mouth is watery already. His task is to go check out those places, eat as much as he can, then come back to London and tell me everything about it. He will go visit my parents and friends. I really hope he has time to see them all. I will miss him a lot, but I know he is going to have a great time and I want him to enjoy it as much as he can. Besides, I will get to go to Houston in the summer :)

What am I going to do by myself in London? well, I have already added several chickflicks on our movie rental list. So, I will be busy catching up with Hollywood. I also have my list of books I've been wanting to read, so that will keep me going for a while. Richard's family from New York will be in town too, so maybe I'll go hang out with them when I get really bored. Actually, I am going to look at this "home alone" week as an opportunity to be isolated and let God teach me new things. Let's call it "Geo's Sabatical Week". How many people get to do that?

No comments: