Apr 6, 2007

"Have you seen the one my heart loves?"



"All night long on my bed
I looked for the one my heart loves;
I looked for him but did not find him.
I will get up now and go about the city,
through its streets and squares;
I will search for the one my heart loves.
So I looked from him but did not find him."

Song of Songs 3:1-2


This morning Ted and I took the Gatwick Express train to the airport. We checked luggage, walked through the lines, and only one of us crossed the security checkpoint. The other one came back home "alone".
Yes. Ted had to go to work in Houston. He will be there for 7 long long long long long days. I know I’ve said I’m not sad because I feel part of me is going with him, but it was actually really difficult to see him leave. He has being out of town many times before, but never for so long. Of course, I pretended I was fine. However, when I left the airport and came back in the train, for the first time in many years I felt alone.
But it was only a couple of minutes until I realized I am not really alone. God is with me and that is enough. Actually I realized it was my father God who gave me such a wonderful husband who loves deeply, who got this amazing expatriate assignment, and the opportunity to live in one of the greatest cities in the world. So, in spite of the fact that this post might sound extremely cheesy, I have to say I love my husband very much. Even though I am going to cram the following seven days with time consuming activities (read: gym, movies, going out with friends) I am certain I will miss Ted immensely. Not because I am feeling lonely, but because I love him.

3 comments:

The Travel Addict said...

Actually, we have seen him... bumped into him at church this morning. It sounds like y'all are enjoying your adventure in London. Happy Easter!

geo said...

ohhhhhh, you saw him! yey! That's great. I'm so glad he got to see you guys. cheers.

EmilioandYadira said...

Yes so did we and we had a ton of fun at dinner and then at brunch on Easter. I miss you tons!!!